Voting Rights Act: Pre-clearance.
1. Describe the provisions (parts) of the Voting Rights Act that discuss the issue of “pre-clearance”.
2. Compare and contrast the views of those who think the federal government should have the power of “pre-clearance” and those who do not. Include at least three points of comparison.
3. Using evidence from any election in 2014 or later, argue whether or not you believe the federal government should have the power of “pre-clearance” relating to election laws. Include at least three reasons and/or examples to make your point.
4. List at least two things you could do in order to engage in the political process in pursuit of your position in (3) above.
5. Cite three sources with Chicago Manual of Style’s parenthetical citation style. Work cited page.
6. 2 pages the third page should be Work cited page. 12 point font & double spaced.
The post Voting Rights Act: Pre-clearance first appeared on Bestchoice Writers.