LM 11: Experimental research
This week instead of having a lecture, you’re going to learn about experimental research from real examples.
- Watch this video on an experiment on bias: https://vimeo.com/456230195/8768440076
- How did researchers design an experiment to test bias? What were the three “phases” of the study?
- What research methods that we’ve talked about in lecture did you notice being modeled in the video?
- Choose your own adventure! Pick one of the learning modules (just not the first one) developed by The Institute for Learning & Brain Sciences (I-LABS) at the University of Washington. https://modules.ilabs.uw.edu/learning-modules/ Which module did you choose?
- Describe the experiments were cited in the module that you chose. If there were not any experiments, think of a way that a researcher could study this topic with an experiment.