Urinary, fluid, and acid/base balance.
BIO-520- Urinary, Fluid, and Acid/Base Balance
Please answer the following short answer questions. Answers should be clear and concise to address the main points of each topic as discussed in the subsequent weeks with a minimum of 250 words. An associated diagram/graph should be drawn (student-created) or included from the Internet (please include the URL) to help clarify any of your points. Utilize the checklist below to assist with completion of each essay answer:
10 points: The information is correct and the main points of the topic are explained appropriately.
5 points: A personal example or an application is included, which effectively helps to strengthen the topic’s points.
5 points: An appropriate diagram/graph is included to enhance the topic’s points. The diagram/graph could be student-created or an image from the Internet (please include the URL).
5 points: There are no grammatical and/or spelling errors.
5 points: Each topic question is answered in a minimum of 250 words.
Please add diagram/chart for each topic and include URL. Plus short answer 250 words.
Short Answer Topic #1:
- Explain glomerular filtration rate.
Short Answer Topic #2:
- Explain the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) and its effect on blood pressure.
Short Answer Topic #3:
- Explain tubular reabsorption along the renal tubule and collecting duct.
Short Answer Topic #4:
- Explain countercurrent multiplication and its benefits.
Short Answer Topic #5:
- Compare and contrast respiratory acidosis/alkalosis states.
Short Answer Topic #6:
- Compare and contrast metabolic acidosis/alkalosis states.