Summarize and assess the differences between those articles.
Read and analyze relevant primary-source documents to critique the arguments advanced in the two articles.
Develop a persuasive argument using well-chosen and well-analyzed examples from the primary-source documents that explains which article is more
Takeyh, “”The CIA, the Ouster of Mossadeq, and the Restoration of the Shah””
De Belgium, “”Coupdunnit””
Iran Coup Discussion Primary-Source Documents (required reading)
270. Telegram from the Station in Iran to the Central Intelligence Agency, August 17, 1953
278. Telegram from the Central Intelligence Agency to the Station in Iran, August 18, 1953
280. Telegram from the [Ambassador Henderson] in Iran to the Department of State, August 1, 1953
282. Memorandum for the Record by the Deputy Directory for Plans, August 19, 1953
283. Telegram from the Embassy in Iran to the Department of State, August 20, 1953
285. Telegram from the Station in Iran to the Central Intelligence Agency, August 19, 1953
Wilbur, Secret History
The post Iran Coup. first appeared on Bestchoice Writers.