e Social Science homework help.
In a 2-3 page paper, answer the following questions about the piece. The paper should be double-spaced, 12 point Times Roman font.
1. What was the conflict or unrest that the music was composed about or during? Give some historical background information about the conflict.
2. When was the music composed? Give the closest date possible. Was it during, before, or after the conflict?
3. Did the music escalate the crisis? Was it designed to do that? Did it reach the audience that needed to hear it?
4. What do the lyrics discuss? Who’s side of the conflict does the song side with, if any? Who sings the piece?
5. Discuss the music of the piece. What is the texture? What instruments are used? What is the range? What is the melody like…conjunct or disjunct? What is the meter? Describe the rhythm. Do these musical elements make the piece more noticeable or unique?