Company Competitive Advantage Analysis: Part 2. You are an IT analyst at XYZ Corporation, and the company has recently taken on a new client that wishes to understand how the organization can leverage its IT and IS functions as a form of competitive advantage. The company is small and would like to see some real-world evidence of this in order to arm themselves with information as they seek investors to grow their business. You have been asked by your manager, Farah Ahmad, to create a business analysis for the client company’s leadership in which you analyze the competitive landscape for a business and discuss the role of IT/IS in helping that company achieve a competitive advantage.
First, you should select a company, research two of its competitors, and create a report to present to the client in which you analyze the business’s current competitive standing within its industry using at least two competitive analysis models/tools with a focus on the role IT plays in determining its current competitive posture; one of the models used in the analysis must be Porter’s Five Forces. It is recommended that you search the Internet to identify industries/companies for which a Porter’s Five Forces analysis have been completed prior to selecting the company on which you will focus your response. Part 2 of your business analysis should be 11–16 paragraphs in length and include at least five references from the Walden Library or other scholarly academic sources.
Note: Last week, you submitted Part 1 of this Assignment. This week, you will complete and submit only Part 2.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Refer to the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses as you compose your Assignment.
BY DAY 7
Submit Part 2 of your business analysis, to include the following.
Part 2: IT and Competitive Advantage
- Illustrate the company’s use of information systems as part of its competitive business strategies. (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)
- Analyze the company and its two competitors through the lens of Porter’s Five Forces. (225–300 words, or 3–4 paragraphs)
- Analyze the company and its two competitors through the lens of one additional competitive analysis model or tool. (225–300 words, or 3–4 paragraphs)
- Compare the three companies in light of your two completed analyses, including a discussion of which tool you feel was more useful in helping you to determine the competitive position for your selected company. (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)
- Finally, present your analysis of the current competitive posture of your selected company. (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)