Applying Theory to a Practice Problem.
The purpose of this assignment is to apply borrowed theory to solve identified problems. In the previous assignment, you identified a clinical practice problem that you are aware of in professional nursing practice and you explored how middle-range theory could be applied to solve the problem. In this assignment, you will explore and apply borrowed theory to solve the specific problem that you identified previously, and you will synthesize the applications of the middle-range theory and the borrowed theory into the most appropriate solution to the problem.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) that describes how borrowed theory can be applied to an identified problem. The paper should include the following:
1. An introduction of the problem, including identification of the potential middle-range theory that could be applied and a brief analysis of the concepts the theory offers.
2. A description of a borrowed theory that could be applied to the problem and the rationale explaining why this borrowed theory is appropriate to your identified problem. Include a brief analysis of the concepts this theory offers.
3. A brief history of the borrowed theory’s origins.
4. A discussion of how the borrowed theory has been previously applied and how it might be applied to the identified problem. How would your practice change by incorporating this theory?
5. A critique and evaluation of both the middle-range and borrowed theories.
6. A discussion of how the application of concepts from both the borrowed theory and the middle-range theory can be integrated to create the most appropriate solution to the identified specialized nursing practice problem.
The post Applying Theory to a Practice Problem first appeared on Bestchoice Writers.